Thursday, October 2, 2008

What happened to Nopet?

There was supposed to be a Nopet post here, but due to circumstances which were out of my control I didn't actually get to play him this week. What circumstances, you ask?
  1. Playing Alierah was just too much fun. She's 45 already, and wreaking havoc in Feralas with her Mind Flay.
  2. After reading so much about it, I had to get the Bejeweled add-on. You can fill in the rest. /sigh
  3. Thanks to the wonderful people over at Good Old Games, a lot of time was spent with Fallout (in preparation for Fallout 3 coming out this month, of course).
  4. My girlfriend decided she wants me to teach her how to play. Since her English isn't too good, that means having to do a lot of explaining. Not to mention that, being a Japanese girl, it took her a whole hour (yes, an hour, I'm not exaggerating) to decide what her character should look like and to find a name that wasn't already taken. But Tsubaki, her Blood Elf hunter made it out of the newbie zone (levels 1-5) and to the first inn.
So you see? It wasn't my fault, really.

Bejeweled Away

Anyway, on the subject of Bejeweled, I can just see it now. It starts with people saying on their blogs "I got Bejeweled". Then they'll start recommending other people download it. And then, inevitably, they'll start posting Bejeweled tips under the guise of WoW blogs until all the WoWosphere* is only blogging about that instead of the game. In fact, since PopCap are working on a new and improved version of Bejeweled, if they're fast enough to release it before WotLK, they might actually cause the downfall of WoW - imagine that.

Languages

Yes, languages again. The one area of the game no one in their right mind actually thinks/cares about. This time I was thinking about the whole business with Horde and Alliance not being able to communicate. I can understand not speaking any common languages. I can even understand how all goblins can speak fluent Common and Orcish. But Warlocks seem to be able to understand demonic. Why shouldn't Alliance and Horde 'locks be able to talk to each other? What, demons have different dialects depending on who's enslaving them? And demons in the wild also adapt according to who's coming to fight them?

Stupid Things

As a last note, I'd like to send a note to myself. Self, next time you happen to get the chance to be present when Vol'Jin goes for a drink and get a 10% XP buff, please try not to go into a BG. If possible, try to avoid long trips just to get some new flight points as well. Thanks in advance,You.


* I'm not sure, is that a real word? Am I allowed to use it? Do I need to credit someone for it? How does this work?

2 comments:

KC said...

That's not exclusive to Japanese girls. While I have one or two toons that were rolled on random, I've spent at least half an hour, if not more, on every toon I've created, and even deleted and rerolled just to fix their appearance at times. And I fully expect to spend hours trying out new hairdos once I install the expansion.

Anonymous said...

I've always wished I could communicate with the opposing faction outside of the emotes. I've helped a few Hordes complete quest and once saved one from dying when an elite was breathing down his tail.
Now with my blood elf priest I've had a few try to communicate with me but of course there was not way.

I know a male who spent about an hour trying to decide what his toon should look like. Some people really get into that. ;-)

Nope, not being lured in by Bejeweled no matter how much you write about it. ;-)