Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here we go again

I've been having a lot of fun lately playing Cawti, but I'm getting that itch again... I need to make a new alt, but I don't want to give Cawti up* just yet. I've invested quite a bit in Cawti - leveling BS isn't cheap, and I think Pally skills are more expensive too. Another problem is that, for some reason, I want it to be a priest - but I know that I don't like leveling priests**.

And with all that, knowing myself, that isn't going to stop me. I'll probably have a new priest up and running around Azeroth by the weekend. But actually, maybe the fact that I don't like leveling priests will work in my favor here - if I get sick of him/her/it quickly enough there's a good chance I'll come back to Cawti. Decisions, decisions, everywhere I look...

Oh, and a mini-rant. Just something I have to get off my chest. What's up with the Mithril Order quests? I mean, practically all the other Blacksmithing quests have you make stuff and give you a pattern in return. They're a waste of money, but at least you get to level up your BS while you're at it. But no, these quests just have you dump obscene amounts of Mithril (along with some other materials, but let's say that's negligible) for the patterns. Back before TBC, that quest line was required for anyone wanting to specialize in Armorsmithing, but now that there is no Armorsmithing it becomes even less justified. Now, I know what you're going to say - "so skip 'em". But that's the thing, I just can't. For some reason, I just can't seem to be able to skip class or profession quests. And with Mithril going at 30g a stack on my server right now, it'll easily cost 300g (along with the other materials) to do these quests. So bummer. Hey, maybe that's why I want to start another alt...

Well, guess that's it for today. Now we just wait and see what happens.



* It's just what inevitably happens. I mean, when was the last time I played Mokla or Enara? And I'm not even talking about alts on other realms.

** Not that there's anything wrong with them. It's just that whenever I try it inevitably comes down to soloing or healing instances. I don't like face-melting soloing (at least as far as I got down the tree, which isn't that far), and doing instances is a whole other bag of problems.

No comments: