Thursday, January 22, 2009

3.0.8 aftermath

As you all have probably noticed by now, 3.0.8 hit yesterday (or on Tuesday, if you're playing on US realms). While I could talk about all the nice little changes, the balance changes, the bug fixes, the new Death Knight tanking rune, or any of the actual things the patch was meant to address, most of them still haven't had too much effect on me. What did, was all the bugs...

Right off the bat, the login screen says there are problems with Wintergrasp, and it is currently inactive. Good thing it went down when Alliance had it on my realm, so I got the buff, but I can see how that would be pretty damn annoying for most people.

After logging in, training new spells, putting the new rune on my tanking weapon, I actually managed to find a group for Utgarde Pinnacle. I was all happy, thinking I'll be able to clear those quests from my log, but of course the instance had to be bugged. Apparently, Skadi keeps resetting at various random times in the middle of his event, and despite restarting the event several times and even resetting the instance a couple of times, we just couldn't get past him. So much for that plan... At least I got a nice tanking chest from the quest I could complete.

In other bug-related annoying-shit news, for some reason the 2 Death Knight mount icons (Acherus Deathcharger and Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade) got switched. You have no idea how annoying that is (unless, of course, you're a DK). It was so annoying that I finally had to make macros for them manually selecting the right icon...

And these are just the issues I ran into - I wonder how many other issues there are that I'm completely unaware of. Also, I demand Blizzard give me the old launcher back - or at least a new launcher that looks like the old one. The new skin is just so ugly I can't describe it.

Here's to hoping Blizz fix it soon-ish, and we can all get back to actually playing the game instead of complaining about it. =)

No comments: