Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dilemmas

I got a rare drop. Yay?

There I was, running Mokla through the Hillsbrad Foothills, no cares in the world, exterminating the local wildlife to find the ingredients for the Elixir of Suffering, when all of a sudden I find this in a bear's stomach: Razor's Edge. Now, I know, I should be happy... I mean, not only did I get a random world drop, but it's one that actually benefits me. Except that now starts the internal debates:
"It's a cool axe, and better than what I'm already using."
"Yeah, but I'll outgrow it a couple of levels, and then it'll just go to a vendor. I can easily make 20g for it on the AH."
"20g? Come on, that's nothing. Sell some more leather and ore, and you'll make 20g in no time."
"But I'm already 5 levels past the minimum for using it, maybe I should just save it in the bank for some other alt."
"That's so laaaaame. You're making us all look bad."

Of course, as we already know, indecision is my forte, so it's sitting in the bank alt's bank waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. That, in turn, means I won't actually decide anything until it's too late (i.e.: Mokla will be too high for it, and will probably have enough gold that I won't have to auction it), which brings us to the final point in the discussion above - that's so laaaame.

Mercy kills

I sometimes get the PvP bug, and start an alt on a PvP server (Lilanis being a fine example), but I don't actually like jumping people when they're unprepared. Strange, I know. So why do I do it? Well, for the thrill of being jumped and having to get out of it (and, of course, revenge...). But attacking someone who didn't do anything to me? Not really my thing.

And then I log on one day, and the game tells me getting killed by another player doesn't damage your equipment. Yes, I already knew that, but it got me thinking. If, while running around, I see someone from the opposing faction and they're about to die - killing them myself would actually be better for them (and, obviously, I don't mind the extra honor). But I doubt they'll look at it that way. They'll run back to their corpse, res, and kill me (or at least try to) the first chance they get. Oh, well, other people's repair bills don't matter that much to me that I'd go out of my way to "help" them - they'll just have to deal with it.

Mounts at 30!

By now we've all heard the next patch will change the level requirements for mounts to 30. Great, isn't it? I mean, all this running around on foot is getting annoying, unless you're a hunter/druid/shaman. But by now, Mokla's 29. Levelling her past 30 without a mount, when I know it's just around the corner (not to mention that it'll be cheaper) just seems stupid. Then again, I don't think I'm "done" with her, and I'd hate to leave her in Tarren Mill for all eternity. For now, the plan is to go kill some miners for the Powdered Azurite, then PvP while waiting for the patch to arrive. But we all know what plans are for, don't we? We'll just have to wait and see what actually happens.

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

Just sell the axe... you wont need it, and a bit of gold now will be helpful.

...especially as it looks like the 30 mount patch might be happening right now... WoW is down for a long shutdown.

Tal said...

Ooh, already? Cool!

It'll probably be another day for me (playing on EU realms), but it's nice to know.

I wonder how far I can get Enara tonight before the patch hits. =)