Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nothing to see here, folks

Nothing much of interest today... I have some posts "in the oven" but nothing ready for posting yet.

Last night was pretty uneventful, only getting Enara to 13 (well, almost 14). It's kinda slow, probably because I know don't know the Ghostlands as well as the other starting areas. Also, since 2.3 made it easier to level from 20 to 60, it created this weird situation where going from about 12 to 20 takes a lot of time. It's a good thing when it's your first character, as you're still learning the class and getting the occasional new spell, but for me it's a pain in the ass. Oh, well, at least the quests (and quest rewards) are better than the Barrens.

I do have a Mage question to all of you out there (all 2 of you...) - how do you deal with mobs that are immune to "frost effects"? There's a quest in the Ghostlands that has you kill Aquantion - a level 13 water elemental. He doesn't get slowed by Frostbolts, and can't be rooted by Frost Nova. And he hits hard. Took me 4 tries to get him, using potions, Dampen Magic, and luck - I ended the fight with 24hp. I really hate relying on luck, so it brings up the question of how to do it otherwise? Other than the obvious solution of waiting a couple of levels and coming for him...

In other news, 2.4.3 hits today (or already hit, if you're playing in the US), so I can get Mokla her mount. Hooray!

No comments: